Send message

Total Posts: 3794

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 873

WillH - 24 August 2023 02:21 PM

Steven, and others who may be interested - we’ve been told Glasgow will be starting with managed migration in October.

Maybe not one for the map just yet but assume there will be a wider announcement of more areas soon.

thanks will,

where did you find this out?

I was actually delivering training recently and someone asked about the october date for glasgow and I hadnt seen or heard it yet either.

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 304

stevenmcavoy - 26 September 2023 12:07 PM

thanks will,

where did you find this out?

I was actually delivering training recently and someone asked about the october date for glasgow and I hadnt seen or heard it yet either.

It’s here: https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/universal-credit-managed-migration-to-roll-out-to-south-east-wales-and-central-scotland-in-october-2023

Central Scotland District for DWP means Glasgow and East Renfrewshire

WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 370

Thanks Sean.

Stephen, not relevant to Glasgow now but I think in general local authorities have been hearing first, other advisers have sometimes found out ‘early’ by asking partnership managers.

DWP said at one point there would be 2 months notice but I’m not sure that’s being adhered to (though maybe it is for LAs?)

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 873

thanks both,

havent had time to have a check on here for a while so had missed some of the updates and didnt catch glasgow tacked on at the end when I had a quick look on the news section here.

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 304

WillH - 26 September 2023 12:29 PM

Thanks Sean.

Stephen, not relevant to Glasgow now but I think in general local authorities have been hearing first, other advisers have sometimes found out ‘early’ by asking partnership managers.

DWP said at one point there would be 2 months notice but I’m not sure that’s being adhered to (though maybe it is for LAs?)

That’s what I heard Will - that the LA’s are given about 2 months notice but aren’t meant to pass it on. Someone with contacts at Glasgow CC told me about the likely October start date at the end of July

WillH
forum member

Send message

Thanks Sean,

Seems an unnecessary cloak & dagger approach!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

WillH
forum member

Send message

Thanks Shawn.

It occurred to me that stat-xplore might be a good way to check which jobcentres fall into which JC+ region, if that’s something anyone is wondering about. If you choose a dataset it will give you the option to drill down by area, region or jobcentre.

If you choose the most recent month available for your dataset then you can see the geographies in the dropdown list & I assume it’s fairly up to date….

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Sad day in map land ....

We’ve decided to retire the map, on the basis that it’s getting less helpful / more at risk of not accurately reflecting the nuances of the roll out programme ...

However, in its place, we’ve come up with this: https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/resources/uc-managed-migration-overview

Hope it’s useful ...

As always, your feedback is welcome, for example if you spot any problems with it or want to suggest other info it might useful to include.

Cheers - Shawn

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

WillH
forum member

Send message

Thanks Shawn.

I agree that it’s more useful having the list, on balance, as the map would start to look very busy indeed at this point.

One thing - the September 23 ‘discovery’ areas of Northumberland, Manchester and Harrow. It’s not quite all legacy benefits is it? Isn’t it all legacy benefits EXCEPT people on irESA only or irESA & HB only?

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/managed-migration-of-universal-credit-to-roll-out-to-berkshire-buckinghamshire-and-oxfordshire-in-december-2023

Think it would be good to clarify that just in case of confusion. Ta.

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

It does say: “NB: ‘All legacy benefits’ below includes tax credits, but not currently employment and support allowance only or employment and support allowance with housing benefit.”

But I agree with Will, it isn’t the clearest moniker. Maybe just change it to ‘Most legacy benefits’ or some such 😊 ?

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Cheers both ... how’s this? .. a bit better?

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/resources/uc-managed-migration-overview

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message