Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

DWP plans for both managed move to UC and voluntary move to UC

‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 >  Last ›

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3560

A few very brief notes from stakeholder Move to UC meeting today - expanding a little on report published earlier in the week - https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/10-per-cent-of-claimants-issued-a-migration-notice-in-the-first-cohort-of-move-to-universal-credit-discovery-phase-failed-to-make-a-claim-and-had-their-legacy-benefits-terminated

File Attachments

Owen_Stevens
forum member

UC Adviser, CPAG

Send message

Total Posts: 607

Owen_Stevens
forum member

UC Adviser, CPAG

Send message

Total Posts: 607

Charles
forum member

Accountant, Haffner Hoff Ltd, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 1427

The latest Touchbase has the following on the expansion of managed migration:

From April we will be expanding to Avon, Somerset and Gloucester. We will expand further in May, bringing onboard East London and Cheshire.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1972

I may be losing touch with all this a bit, but I’ve just found out that DWP may consider, before terminating a claim, putting the case before a panel to decide vulnerability.

What panel? Made up of? Criteria? Contactable?

Still no word of any work with Adult Care providers?

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3794

Dan Manville
forum member

Greater Manchester Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 475

shawn mach - 26 April 2023 09:31 AM

ICYMI yesterday:

Talk about rubbing it in…

Charles
forum member

Send message

Does anyone from other areas where it has already rolled out (e.g., Avon, Somerset and Gloucester in April) know how the roll out works in practice?

For example, do they start with claimants in one JCP area in the region? Or all of them at once? Is there a specific way in how they pick claimants at the start?

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

We had the UC stakeholder meeting yesterday and they didn’t give that level of detail I’m afraid - when asked how many migration notices they had sent out, they said it was ‘in the low thousands’ so far this month in Avon, Somerset and Gloucestershire.

I’ll send an email up and see if I can get any more info…

Charles
forum member

Send message

Thanks Daphne.

In a recent FOI response to Owen Stevens, there is a list of claim types who are currently ‘deferred’ from managed migration. For example, a big one is couples. But I don’t know how up to date this document is.

See pages 9-10 of this document:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/946082/response/2254984/attach/3/Case%20Manager%20Guidance%20redacted.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

I went to a UC stakeholder session specifically looking at potential problem areas for couples - they’re not quite ready yet, but they intend to be pretty soon - a matter of months, if that, was the impression they gave.

A lot of the others don’t apply if TC only, tho there is the 19 year old child one, the fraud and the terminally ill - I would imagine the last two are pretty small groups.

If you have any specific questions I’m happy to send them up

Charles
forum member

Send message

Interesting, thanks.

I don’t really have any specific questions, just trying to work out what to expect in the next few months (as we’re based in Manchester).

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

I’m in Bristol! - while not advising myself I have a lot of adviser contacts here - some of whom will be posting here anyway - so will add any info I get from that :)

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 458

Charles - 26 April 2023 02:50 PM

Does anyone from other areas where it has already rolled out (e.g., Avon, Somerset and Gloucester in April) know how the roll out works in practice?

For example, do they start with claimants in one JCP area in the region? Or all of them at once? Is there a specific way in how they pick claimants at the start?

Only seen two so far here in Bristol. Both in same JCP cluster (Avon 2) but claimants’ addresses will be closer to 2 separate Jobcentre offices. Interested to know if there any advisers in Gloucester or Somerset areas who have seen any yet?

Daphne - were you still after a migration notice?

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1972

We have again been told that vulnerable claimants will not have legacy benefits stopped until a ‘panel’ has examined the case. Other than it will be locally based, we know no more at the moment.

Has anyone else heard of this? How will it all work? can we make representations to it (etc)?