× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Job Descriptions WRO training grade post

< 1 2

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

Do you mean that after all those endless jokes you didn’t even get that elusive JD Juanita ? You can’t rely on anyone these days!

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

What’s JD and PS?  I’m picturing Jack Daniels and Pension Service for some reason but then I’m very very strange.  I’m not allowed scissors you know.

Mairi
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Dunedin Canmore Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 274

Just as well the use of scissors isn’t required in your Job Description or Person Specification then!  Lol!

Juanita Banana
forum member

Redcar & Cleveland Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 16

I waited… checking my email’s daily, then I waited some more but after the twentieth comment milestone came and went and still no sensible suggestion to aid my JD/PS writing, I decided to give my head a shake and wake up to the realisation that this is a forum for WRO’s who are.. and I quote “sad obsessive anorak , fully paid up member of the awkward squad” and “sense of humour vital”

.. so the chance that my email inbox would be graced with the presence of a JD/PS was always going to be slim. I am disappointed with myself for foolishly thinking otherwise!

Stevegale
forum member

Send message

It’s a sad reflection on society Juanita…and what with Rightsnet winning an award this week too!

Juanita Banana
forum member

Send message

Shame on me.

Juanita Banana
forum member

Send message

Stevegale - 02 August 2011 03:29 PM

It’s a sad reflection on society Juanita…and what with Rightsnet winning an award this week too!

You aren’t the dark spartan by any chance are you? WRO by day.. Torbay’s very own superhero by night?

Stevegale
forum member

Send message

It’s funny you should say that.  Apparently it was a spoof film made by two film makers in Brixham and flogged to the TV channel . Sorry to disappoint!!!!

Juanita Banana
forum member

Send message

You just ruined my day

Stevegale
forum member

Send message

Well, just for you….but I might not fit into the leathers

Patrick Hill
forum member

Housing & Welfare RightsHARP/Assertive Outreach, manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 55

Hello,

Pardon me for entering this thread so late, but going back to the musical theme; a record from the 60’s by a band called “The Liverpool Scene”. Its members were arty types from the area including, I think, Adrian Henry. It was about the day that the National Assistance Board (NAB) - since replaced by D of E, DHSS, DWP,UBO, JC+ etc, etc, etc, etc. thought it a good idea to put a Jukebox in the Leasey Street NAB office in Liverpool. The words to the song were very funny and each verse ended with the line:

“That was the day the NAB was fab, the day we danced at the dole”.

I lost my copy years ago, and although I rather like the four seasons, I think I would prefer to listen to the NAB song.

Does anyone else remember this song or am I really, really old?

Thank you.

Patrick.

tony pickering
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Derbyshire County Council, High Peak

Send message

Total Posts: 108

We must both be really, really old Patrick as I’ve still got my copy of the song at home and may dig it out and give it a play this evening.  The song resonated strongly at the time as I stood in the queue at our local dole office waiting for my money, oh and of course in the hope of a job!  I still remember seeing them at Warwick University in the very early seventies and I have an LP with one side recorded live there.  I’ll stop here in case I go rambling on giving further proof of advancing age!

Tony

Patrick Hill
forum member

Send message

O no, I’m welling up!! Happy days, or remembering those halcyon times - Happy Daze.

Stevegale
forum member

Send message

And for all you nostalgic pop pickers out there…..here they are -  from 1969 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlycwX1vTeg

Maybe Roger McGough would like to update the lyrics for a 2011 version…

Patrick Hill
forum member

Send message

Dear Stevegale,

I’ve just got back to work after 3 weeks leave and read your post.  Thank you, thank you, and thank you again.  I followed the link you provided and listened to the song for the first time in far too many years to remember.  It has not aged in all those years and is so much better than I remember.

Does anyone have a tissue handy - sniffle.

Thank you.

Patrick

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

And who said nostalgia aint what it used to be.

Stevegale
forum member

Send message

Ah, they’re all on You Tube Patrick. It’s Nostalgia Central!

P.E.T.E
forum member

Head of Welfare Rights at Barnsley MBC.

Send message

Total Posts: 104

Just goes to show how important it is to know your market.  In three words, alienate your potential workforce….........

Stevegale
forum member

Send message

I usually lose my buzz by about by Monday night.  Do you every look at the TV guide then wake up half-way through the progamme you really wanted to watch?

And you can’t even get DLA for that…