Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Submitting appeals online as a rep - help for a dinosaur please?

< 1 2

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

past caring - 07 December 2022 10:46 AM

. I think we’ve probably all encountered cases in the past where the appellant has only come to us at the appeal stage, has only appealed the recovery decision and we’ve then had the business of the tribunal having to treat that appeal as also being against the recovery decision (and I can’t say that I’ve ever encountered an issue with a tribunal being prepared to do that).

To be fair, in my cases that I can think of like this, the DWP has also stated in its appeal submission that it is treating one appeal as appeals against both aspects, the decision and the recovery. This may not be consistent though.

Another issue that took me a while to work out is where an appeal is lodged against, say, a PIP decision. The DWP then revises the decision prior to appeal but not fully to the claimant’s satisfaction, so s/he reinstates the appeal. If they enter the MR date again on the online form it refuses to accept it, saying that there is already an appeal lodged against a MR of that date. The answer, if it helps anyone else, is to put the date of the revised decision letter from the DWP down. In effect, it is treated as a second MR of the original decision.

juliem
forum member

Macmillan welfare rights advisor - Barnsley MBC, Barnsley

Send message

Total Posts: 126

Fellow dinosaur here piggybacking on again - I have started an appeal on paper, but now have a tribunal date. As there are post strikes and Xmas in the way, am I able to submit it the submission online, and if so, what address does it go to?
Thanks in advance

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

Not sure how Barnsley feels about submitting things via email - they’ve been pretty reliable in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

HMCTS website gives the <SSCSA-Leeds@justice.gov.uk> email address for Barnsley.

Their addresses seem to be case sensitive for some reason, so I’d suggest trying <sscsa-leeds@Justice.gov.uk>