to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

adjourning tribunal

slaw
forum member

Macmillan benefits advice team - Oldham CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 88

My client has an appeal hearing on 16/12/11 (this friday) re. DLA decision.  He has told me today that he has been unable to get the time off work due to his particular profession and the proximity to Christmas, but my client wants to attend and wants to request that the hearing is postponed and rearranged.

I know this is short notice but does anyone think Tribunal Service will agree to this?

stevenm030
forum member

welfare rights officer, dundee city council

Send message

Total Posts: 51

given its a DLA tribunal could he not get time off his work due to it being related to his disability?  should they take special consideration of this?

slaw
forum member

Macmillan benefits advice team - Oldham CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 88

I am not sure where he would stand with his employer regarding disability, but don’t think my client wants to push things yet.  We have requested posteponement on different grounds that have come to light (further medical evidence not received from GP following incomplete medical report in papers) as we felt this was a stronger argument than being unable to get time off work.  We will see how we go from here, but will bare in mind possible disability rights regarding employer.

Thanks.