Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Long COVID PIP Appeals

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 206

Hi

Has anyone had any experience of going to a PIP appeal with purely Long COVID as a health condition? Are Judges/Medical Panel Members more open to the effects of Long COVID - I know its still being disputed if this is a real thing!!

Let me know if any issues specific with this so I can be prepared. I have 3 appeals coming up with just Long COVID

Thanks

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

As far as I understand it ‘long Covid’ is just a blanket term for a number of otherwise unexplained conditions that happen to follow a Covid diagnosis. Any appeals would be on the effects of those conditions, it doesn’t make any difference if you wrap them up in a bundle and call it long Covid.
You may indeed find medical records where the GP etc hasn’t used the term itself, but describe any number of the symptoms.

See for example: https://patient.info/signs-symptoms/long-covid

As usual, where you would encounter difficulty is where the appellant can’t evidence (anecdotally or otherwise) that they actually face the difficulties they’ve described.

Bcfu
forum member

Blackpool Centre For Unemployed

Send message

Total Posts: 206

Thank you!!

Luckily our Long COVID team at our hospital are brilliant for writing supporting letters and providing a lot of evidence so we should be fine for this