to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Conference call/ Merge call

RichB
forum member

WRO - City of Edinburgh Council

Send message

Total Posts: 33

During the first lockdown i used the merge call on iPhone to facilitate a conference call with client and PIP, UC, ESA etc which was most helpful during this period

In the past few months I don’t seem to be able to do this reliably and i am wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar or if it is an issue with my phone

Stainsby
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Plumstead Community Law Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 618

Who is your service provider?

I have not used my mobile merge call facility for a while but I find that Teams conference calls on my works system
dont work once you get to the ” press 1…2.. etc”

[ Edited: 6 Feb 2023 at 10:40 am by Stainsby ]
RichB
forum member

Send message

O2

Mairi
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Dunedin Canmore Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 274

Our work phones changed from iPhones to Samsung ones some time ago and we noticed the issue straight away.  However, I tend to think this was just coincidence as it seems to affect everyone.

I think that the DWP systems for some reason now don’t recognise pressing the ‘option’ buttons when in conference calls as I’ve had the claimant try their end too.  Whether this new system issue is by accident or design I couldn’t possibly comment.

I get round this by priming my claimant to be ready to accept a call from me and then phoning into the DWP and going through the options before adding the claimant into the call for the hold period.  Only ever an issue when the DWP pick up immediately and I have to explain that I still need to add the claimant into the call.  A nuisance but do-able.

RichB
forum member

Send message

Mairi - 06 February 2023 11:07 AM

I get round this by priming my claimant to be ready to accept a call from me and then phoning into the DWP and going through the options before adding the claimant into the call for the hold period.  Only ever an issue when the DWP pick up immediately and I have to explain that I still need to add the claimant into the call.  A nuisance but do-able.

This is what i do but when i add the client the call fails

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Can still do as Mairi describes using MS Teams or Cisco Jabber.