to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Time limits

Jane99
forum member

Benefits and employment advisers team, Parkinsons UK

Send message

Total Posts: 20

I phoned DWP as neither client nor I had got PIP appeal papers, said by HMCTS to have been issued on 23/12/22. The person I was put through to has just made it clear to me that (implied that I should have known) that when it says the papers have been issued , they have been issued to DWP’s 3rd party postal service who then need processing time. We should expect to wait 5 weeks from date of issue to date of receipt.

Useful to know and I’m probably a bit slow in finding this out however - if similar applies to DWP decisions, how is that going to affect time limits?

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3139

Jane99 - 23 January 2023 04:58 PM

Useful to know and I’m probably a bit slow in finding this out however - if similar applies to DWP decisions, how is that going to affect time limits?

Decisions are still posted out by DWP internally. It’s just in relation to appeal bundles that they have various dysfunctional external arrangements (obviously they are much larger documents).

Helpfully the bundles are sent electronically to HMCTS instantly, so there is a charming process by which you receive a string of letters and emails from HMCTS telling you that the bundle has been submitting and complaining that you have not yet responded to it for a few weeks before it actually shows up.