to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Getting wrong LHA rate corrected

Helen Rogers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Stockport MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 238

My client is under 35 and is on the daily living component of PIP.  UC incorrectly paid his housing costs at the shared room rate instead of the one bedroom rate.  This was corrected when we contacted UC, but the Case Manager said that the client would have to put a note on his journal every month to prompt UC staff to manually correct his claim.  This is not realistic for a client who struggles with day to day life.
Has anyone managed to find a better solution?

ROBBO
forum member

Welfare rights team - Stockport Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 334

If this is an IT problem, not sure there’s any way to overcome it other than complaint to bump it up the priority list for UC to amend their systems.  I may well be wrong, of course.  It’s happened before.

https://cpag.org.uk/policy-campaigns/early-warning-system

Ianb
forum member

Macmillan benefits team, Citizens Advice Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 958

ROBBO - 28 January 2021 10:11 AM

If this is an IT problem, not sure there’s any way to overcome it other than complaint to bump it up the priority list for UC to amend their systems.  I may well be wrong, of course.  It’s happened before.

https://cpag.org.uk/policy-campaigns/early-warning-system

I recall that has come up before in one or two of our cases but on those occasions I understood the case manager added the action to their own spreadsheet of monthly tasks they needed to do for the claimants they were responsible for which was a more proactive response.
If they can’t fix the software to automatically adjust the applicable LHA rate when a disability benefit is in place they they could dat least do with a ‘sticky’ notes facility on the journal!