Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

End of SDP Gateway confirmed - but no information on changed dates for when managed migration starts

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1964

As per the news page, ADM Memo 15/20 confirms that the SDP gateway ends on 27/1/21.

But…...as the ‘Move to UC’ pilot has been suspended and hadn’t got very far anyway the last we heard, surely the results of this pilot will be delayed, approval by Parliament will be delayed,  the introduction of full managed migration will have to be delayed, there will be no transitional protection for anyone at all, and from 27/1/21 people on SDP will be shunted on to UC for the usual spurious reasons, with the massive losses of income that prompted the introduction of the Gateway in the first place….?

Is there any plan to address this problem, or will DWP simply cover its head with a towel and claim nothing is happening? 

I

Charles
forum member

Accountant, Haffner Hoff Ltd, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 1418

There shouldn’t be massive losses, as claimants would instead get the transitional SDP payments, although as we know, that doesn’t usually cover the full loss.

I think that was always the intention, and not that managed migration would take up the slack.

Greg
forum member

Money Matters Money Advice Centre, Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 45

Charles - 24 July 2020 10:34 AM

There shouldn’t be massive losses, as claimants would instead get the transitional SDP payments, although as we know, that doesn’t usually cover the full loss.

I think that was always the intention, and not that managed migration would take up the slack.

My worry is capability for DWP to correctly identify those entitled to transitional payments.

Also claimants who would become entitled to SDP now, with the SDP gateway, will lose out as they cannot become entitled to those payments.

It’s a neat way for SSWP to brush the issue under the proverbial rug, as it’s lost income that folks won’t know they’re missing.

S2uABZ
forum member

Money adviser - Aberdeen City Council Financial Inclusion Team

Send message

Total Posts: 130

No doubt will all end in a Court case which the DWP will inevitably lose!