to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Support Group Appeals and Dirty DWP Tricks

ROBBO
forum member

Welfare rights team - Stockport Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 334

I recently interviewed a man who had been placed in WRAG, and appealed to go back into the Support Group, where he had previously lived.  No response had been received, so I phoned up to check what was happening.  I was told his file was coming back from storage.

Now I find we are three months on from his WCA, and - lo and behold - he’s been sent another ESA50.  To make it worse, he’d like me to fill it in for him.

This is a man who is now about six months from pensionable age.

It gives every appearance of the DWP ‘penalising’ someone for making a fuss about being placed outside the support group - just sending them through the process all over again, before even dealing with the existing appeal (assuming they’re still planning to respond properly to that, of course).

I thought my moaning might be specific to this case, but turns out the very same thing happened to somebody else we’re dealing with.

Whatever happened to British justice and a sense of fair play?  I feel a speech coming on.

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

“Whatever happened to British justice and a sense of fair play?”

Oh, someone dragged it behind the back of the garbage cans and put a bullet in the back of its head long ago.