Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

MA appeal for the claim made in 2005 - we don’t have paper decision.

Dominika
forum member

EU Migrant Advice Worker, East Yorkshire CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Hi, hopefully I find someone who could help me with this issue. My client worked for EEA employer since 1999. In July 2004 got pregnant and a month later started work for the British employer. This employment lasted until the middle of December 2004. Until the birth she was unemployed. Meanwhile in 2005 she claimed MA and received refusal based on the fact that during employment period she should be working only for the British employer. The client threw away the decision and forget about the case. In 2009 the client started work for the CAB and had client with the same situation: work partly for EEA and British employer. But in this situation MA was awarded so my client wanted to make an appeal re her claim. Unfortunately claim paper were destroyed by MA office. They have got only a computer data that the claim was made. The client made an appeal which was unsuccessful on the basis of not enough information. I have to say that the client is very literate and speaks English fluently. Making the original claim the client provided payslips covering employment period. Payslips were from both employers. The client provided also a confirmation that MATB1 was issued (which was issued puerly for MA claim). What we can do to help her because obviously she should be entitled to MA. Had anyone similar case? Thanks for your help.

Dominika
forum member

EU Migrant Advice Worker, East Yorkshire CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Hi, thanks for your reply. I wonder whether DWP has any code for refused claims in relation to the reason of refusal. Im thinking about computer data.