to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

Form ESA 3   04/11

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 556

Somone has just rung me to say that they have been sent an ESA3 form. I can’t find an example on the DWP website and I must confess not to have (conciously at least) ever seen one. I think it is about membership of the household- does anyone have a link to one that I could look through before i contact the client again.

thanks

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

I’ve just found out what an ESA3 is, a review form which apparently is very similar to an ESA 1. I think I’ve solved the problem now but if anyone does come across a download of an ESA 3 it might be useful to have one to look at.

Ruth_T
forum member

Volunteer adviser - Corby Borough Welfare Rights & CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 313

I recently filled in one of these for a client.  An ESA3 is used to report a change of circumstances, or to request transfer from contributory ESA to income-related ESA.

BTW:  I was mightily confused by a question regarding Special Circumstances in Part 19, on page 40 of the form which asks “If you are a UK national, do you or your partner have right of abode in the UK?”  The form was issued to my client without any Guidance, and it sent me to the Information System to check out exactly what this meant.

Pete C
forum member

Pete at CAB

Send message

Thanks Ruth, this goes along with waht appears to have happened, the client has just completed an IS10 form so its probably to add the SDP as Income related ESA