× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

Social policy monitoring forms

Paul Treloar
forum member

Head of Policy, LASA

Send message

Total Posts: 842

HI all,

I’ve been asked by Kensington and Chelsea Social Council whether we can provide them with any templates for gathering information on how the cuts are affecting local residents - essentially, social policy monitoring forms.

Is anyone able to provide me with examples of what your agency uses? If you want to mail them direct, I’m at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thanks very much in anticipation, Paul

[ Edited: 12 Aug 2011 at 11:44 am by Paul Treloar ]
Paul Treloar
forum member

Head of Policy, LASA

Send message

Anyone?

Altered Chaos
forum member

Operations & Advice Manager - Citizens Advice Taunton

Send message

Total Posts: 427

Sorry Paul, our social policy evidence is gathered on our computer data base and centrally assimilated, so no actual document that would be of use to you.
Chaos

Paul Treloar
forum member

Head of Policy, LASA

Send message

Thanks AC.

Does no-one use paper monitoring forms anymore then? Wow, the 21st Century has well and truly arrived…..

Nicky
forum member

Supervisor Welfare Benefits, Barrow-in-Furness, Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 239

I’ve tried to find one of ours to either print off and fax or e-mail to you to no avail - as chaos says ours are all “built in” now. Someone with more technical knowledge than me (and that’s not hard) may be able to pull it out for you.

Paul Treloar
forum member

Head of Policy, LASA

Send message

Thanks Nicky.

Out of interest, have your bureaux moved to the new social policy monitoring system yet, as I understand that Cit A are going to be implementing something called PETRA in coming months across the UK?

Nicky
forum member

Send message

Yes you’re right - we go “live” with PETRA on 01/11/11 all being well.  We’re just learning about it now and getting procedures put in place - it looks good so far.

Paul Treloar
forum member

Head of Policy, LASA

Send message

An auspicious date for implementation!!! Good luck with it, hope all goes well.

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

Email sent, with Bureau Evidence Form. CABs using CASE can still access the old green-tops as a word doc, under the correspondence section in the left pane. There’s not much to them, the main boxes being:

key social policy issue(s):

full description of problem and client situation   .

full description of issue   including relevant case material and any social policy action taken, e.g. correspondence, minutes of liaison meetings, press coverage.

(a)  cause of the problem

(b)  impact on the client

(c)  what needs to be changed?

(d)  social policy action planned / taken by central SP

Paul Treloar
forum member

Head of Policy, LASA

Send message

Oh brilliant, thanks very much, appreciated.

Altered Chaos
forum member

Send message

Nicky - 18 August 2011 11:33 AM

Yes you’re right - we go “live” with PETRA on 01/11/11 all being well.  We’re just learning about it now and getting procedures put in place - it looks good so far.

We are risking implementation a month earlier (D-Day is 03.10.11 for us), training starts next week so I will feedback how it goes.
Chaos

Nicky
forum member

Send message

Good luck Chaos - i look forward to your feedback and any tips you may have for us - it surely can’t be any worse than case anyway :)

Altered Chaos
forum member

Send message

I have just finished 2 full days of Petra training (as I will be training bureau staff starting next week - I must be mad!). After the training I sat down at CASE to do some client notes and actually found myself thinking to myself ‘CASE is so nice and easy’.  How very sad.

Nicky, is your bureau going all in with Petra e.g on 1st November are you using it for all client work, calendar/appointments, money advice and social policy straight of the bat or are you staggering the implementation?
Chaos

Nicky
forum member

Send message

Yes we’re going to try and use it all :/

Altered Chaos
forum member

Send message

Very brave… We will not be implementing the calendar/diary aspect until December/January to give Petra a chance to bed in and enable all users to become familiar with it, we have just over 90 staff to train and felt it would be too much all at once.
Chaos

Nicky
forum member

Send message

I think you’re right.  We have 35 to train so a lot less than you and i don’t think the volunteers will be using the diary etc - that will be just paid staff.

Altered Chaos
forum member

Send message

That sounds much more manageable.