to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Covid-19 issues  →  Thread

Claiming pension credit

EMF
forum member

Welfare Rights Service - Angus Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2

Like most people, I am now working from home and not seeing clients.

I have one client who needs support to make a claim for pension credit.  When I telephoned the pension service they said that it was business as usual as far as making a pension credit claim is concerned.  Does anyone know an alternative way to make a claim without the necessity for face to face interview?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3216

You don’t need a face to face interview to claim Pension |Credit, your client simply needs to navigate the two-tier telephone system (we keep hearing reports that the tier one service refusing to put people through to the tier two section who take the claims over the telephone).

EMF
forum member

Welfare Rights Service - Angus Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2

Thanks for your reply.  Apologies - client needs support to make the telephone claim, which means face to face interview between me and client as client would need to satisfy the security requirement.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3552

I know universal credit has sometimes set up conferencing calls in UC with adviser and claimant in separate places - I don’t know if this might be worth exploring?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3216

EMF - 23 March 2020 12:56 PM

Thanks for your reply.  Apologies - client needs support to make the telephone claim, which means face to face interview between me and client as client would need to satisfy the security requirement.

D’oh, sorry, should have thought that one through. As Daphne said, conference calling might be the answer and also, make sure your client has all evidence they need to hand - Pension Service told us that something like 40% of delays in decisions are down to people not having bank statements etc to hand when they telephone.