to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Glitch in the Matrix

Jo_Smith
forum member

Citizens Advice Hillingdon

Send message

Total Posts: 334

I have 2 clients- a couple. They made a claim which was closed. We submitted MR and a new claim.

Thus we opened a gateway to a parallel universe.

There is an old claim; showing “We closed your claim on 12 November 2019”. Decisions and messages are still uploaded on this claim’s Journal by “agents”

There is   a new claim, with different decisions and entries. This claim is live.

However, these two universes collided; a WSOR that we have requested via the Journal in the new claim- has been uploaded in the old claim’s Journal.

The login details are the same for both claims, so are the email addresses. When the husband logs in- he sees the new claim. When the wife logs in- she sees the old one. When you switch between Journal and Home, the account switches between husband and wife, and between closed and new claim. Fund and games.

I’ll be calling UC shortly but have you even encountered this parallel universe before?

[ Edited: 3 Feb 2020 at 10:42 am by Jo_Smith ]
Charles
forum member

Accountant, Haffner Hoff Ltd, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 1421

I don’t remember if this is exactly what happened, but I remember something funny happened with a client whose claim was closed (for going abroad), but whose partner’s claim was kept open. Is that what happened here, or was the first claim closed for both?

Jo_Smith
forum member

Citizens Advice Hillingdon

Send message

Total Posts: 334

First claim was closed for both!
I tell you, we live in a computer simulation.

Charles
forum member

Accountant, Haffner Hoff Ltd, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 1421

Hmm, interesting!