Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Strange method of PIP reassessment

CHAC Adviser
forum member

Caseworker - CHAC, Middlesbrough

Send message

Total Posts: 260

I was wondering if anyone else had come across this:

A colleague had an appointment booked to go through what they were told was a PIP review form. Client turns up with a letter (attached) and a copy of their original PIP2 form and their medical assessment report. No form included. The letter doesn’t mention a form and just asks them to review the enclosed documents (and names the PIP2 and assessment report) and let them know if anything has changed.

Is this case my colleague actually rang the DWP and the DWP operative insisted that there should be a form with the letter and when they eventually accepted that not only was there no form but there was no mention of one they decided to issue a review form so the client will be back in a few weeks to do an actual form.

But that’s left us all somewhat baffled and wondering if anyone else has come across this!

File Attachments

Helen Rogers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Stockport MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 236

The first paragraph of this PIP letter is very poorly written.  This suggests that this is not a standard letter.

NAI
forum member

Unclaimed Benefits Campaign, Middlesbrough CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 131

Helen Rogers - 10 January 2019 09:35 AM

The first paragraph of this PIP letter is very poorly written.  This suggests that this is not a standard letter.

Not wanting to split hairs but unfortunately I see plenty of standard letters that are very poorly written. I have had to contact the DWP and ultimately escalate so many to get a response as to what some letters actually mean.