Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Journal issues -failure to respond to entries etc

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3558

Hi all

We raised at the last stakeholder meeting problems claimants were having getting responses to things they wrote in their journal. The DWP plan to revisit this with us and they have asked for examples where we feel the journal entry/clearance process has not/is not working well.

It would be great if people could send me anonymised examples of any issues you are finding and I will feed them up. Either post here or direct message/email me.

Thanks

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1020

Mandatory Reconsideration’s having to continually escalate them and prompt and encourage case managers etc - reluctance to pass them on to a decision maker, client’s being advised they can’t, or they must phone the enquiry line etc etc.

SAR’s on journal not being acted upon.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

No examples as yet but will be interesting to see them justify the 48 hours response time when a claimant writes on their journal that they are suicidal.

Keith S Adviser
forum member

Kirkham CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 64

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District - 01 November 2018 12:17 PM

Mandatory Reconsideration’s having to continually escalate them and prompt and encourage case managers etc - reluctance to pass them on to a decision maker, client’s being advised they can’t, or they must phone the enquiry line etc etc.

I would be tempted to send this link through the journal to remind them of their obligations.

https://www.gov.uk/mandatory-reconsideration

Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District
forum member

Citizens Advice Bridport & District

Send message

Total Posts: 1020

Keith S Adviser - 09 November 2018 03:04 PM
Andyp5 Citizens Advice Bridport & District - 01 November 2018 12:17 PM

I would be tempted to send this link through the journal to remind them of their obligations.

https://www.gov.uk/mandatory-reconsideration

Keith we regularly attach links to the journal, but its UC.

We cite legislation too, but its UC.

Its all to surreal to put into words, to describe the systemic maladministration, because it would sound to implausible.