to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Residence issues  →  Thread

reactivation of UC account following successful r2r appeal

WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 370

Does anyone know approx how long it might take for the client’s account to be back up & running after winning an r2r appeal? 3 weeks after the decision (notice given on the day, & there was a presenting officer there), his account is still saying that his claim’s closed due to failing HRT.

I know with PIP appeals DWP seem more & more inclined to take all the time legally possible to consider getting written reasons, & if they get them considering seeing PTA. I’m really hoping that doesn’t happen here too. For what it’s worth I cannot see any grounds for them to appeal further. It’s a purely factual 5 years as a qualified person situation.

I’m also concerned about his work-related responsibilities (he’s someone who has full conditionality) & have suggested that he keeps a record of his jobseeking etc, but until his account is reactivated he can’t, of course, record any of this on his journal.

Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3136

I normally find it takes about a month or so to get the claim up and running and to have arrears paid.

WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 370

Thanks Elliott, that’s very useful.