to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

New lows for UC Telephony

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I know it’s passe whinging about hold times but I need some catharsis and I know People read this so here goes.

Trying to get a home visit arranged for someone who’s digitally excluded and uber anxious; not 6 months out of psych hospital.

First try, 30 minutes on hold; at this stage I expected them to pick up more quickly but had to end the call to visit client.
At clients place, he managed 10 minutes holding before he got too anxious and told me to leave.
Next visit, lots of encouragement and we managed half an hour on hold before he’d had enough; rocking in his chair again. We agreed to try a conference call.
Back at the office, 1hr 17 on hold; when they finally answered I was so excited that I fumbled dialling the conference call and killed it.
Today, 1.01 on hold and the adviser cut me off.

That’s more than three hours and I still haven’t got my visit…

Giles Elliott
forum member

benefitsowl.info, Manchester

Send message

Total Posts: 42

We’re routinely waiting 45 mins to an hour

a colleague of mine called the UC helpline to get a payments restarted (a UC award already existed). In total she spent 4.5 hours on the phone that day *on that one call*, most of which was spent on hold. The staff were in general pleasant but hadn’t the faintest idea of what they were doing,

Rosie W
forum member

Welfare rights service - Northumberland County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 471

Is it possible to go through your local DWP partnership manager for this? Ours is usually very helpful, although I don’t know how long that will continue once we get FSUC..