to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

Worrying….

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1964

A colleague gave a talk on UC today - among the audience was a local Work Coach who challenged several aspects of the talk:

1) UC is not paid monthly, it’s 4-weekly

2)  There is no wait at the end of the assessment period for payment to be received – claimant receives payment on the last day of the AP.

(Colleague gave the example that if someone claims on 1st of the month, their AP begins on 8th, ends on 7th of the following month and claimant would receive payment by 15th at the latest. Work coach said if someone claims on the 1st, their AP begins on 8th, it ends 4 weeks later and they receive payment on this date too).

3) Currently in their JCP, none of the UC claimants are receiving the housing element, all still get HB from the local authority – which could be paid to landlord or to claimant.

Oh. Boy.

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

Andrew Dutton - 20 September 2016 04:50 PM

Oh. Boy.

maybe dr sam beckett could leap into the body of ian duncan smith with the task of changing history so we dont have universal credit.

obscure sci fi jokes aside thats worrying but not really surprising unfortunately.

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1964

That takes me back!

I’m tempted to make jokes about UC only occurring on a quantum level…from what my colleague was told, UC certainly seems to be more than one thing at any one time!

“It’s a superposition,” said a DWP spokesthing, “UC is a transformative benefit, in that it can transform into any flippin’ thing.”

past caring
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Southwark Law Centre, Peckham

Send message

Total Posts: 1125

Andrew Dutton - 21 September 2016 09:17 AM

“It’s a superposition,” said a DWP spokesthing, “UC is a transformative benefit, in that it can transform into any flippin’ thing.”

Except cash.