to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other areas of social welfare law  →  Thread

Time for a new Beveridge for the age of ageing

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3217

Just been sent details of this which seems quite topical given some of the commentary saying we need to impoverish pensioners to pay for the young as a consequence of brexit, let alone the bigger questions around welfare reform more generally.

Towards a new age: The future of the UK welfare state’ argues that governments are ‘sowing the seeds of the welfare state’s demise’ by failing to deliver reform.

The book, published by the International Longevity Centre (ILC-UK), contains 20 essays outlining the challenges and reforms necessary on housing, health, education, the labour market, and pensions and welfare.

It’s got a free pdf download (which I have downloaded but haven’t read yet).

Towards a new age: The future of the UK welfare state

They’ve also published this as well Measuring State Effectiveness: an ILC-UK index

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2004

Just got off a nine hour flight at 4.30 in the morning.  Scanning the new posts while waiting for my bag and I thought you were suggesting a drink.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

LOL!!

...But scanning Rightsnet at 4.30 am after a 9 hour flight?? That’s either seriously dedicated or seriously sad. Get that man a Beveridge immediately.

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Sad, definitely sad - and a long wait at the carousel.

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3784

Gareth Morgan - 05 July 2016 03:24 AM

Just got off a nine hour flight at 4.30 in the morning.  Scanning the new posts while waiting for my bag ...

If we can do a deal for your image rights, can we use that on our next publicity?!

(Or perhaps it could be the opening line to a rightsnet xmas single .... any suggestions for the next line?)

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

The Rightsnet Blues - I woke up this morning - or was it last night?

Paul_Treloar_AgeUK
forum member

Information and advice resources - Age UK

Send message

Total Posts: 3217

shawn - 05 July 2016 10:14 AM

(Or perhaps it could be the opening line to a rightsnet xmas single .... any suggestions for the next line?)

Just got off a nine hour flight at 4.30 in the morning.  Scanning the new posts while waiting for my bag ...

Got those post-Brexit jet lag blues floating through my body, my mood is slipping and a-sliding and my spirits sag….