to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

A Rant

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Ringing the new “tell us why you’re ringing” helpline while suffering from laryngitis is a barrel of laughs. I wonder how people with proper speech impediments or language difficulties cope with it.

/rant.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

What I don’t understand is that sometimes it is the ‘tell us why you’re ringing’ system and sometimes it’s the old system. It seems to be completely random. How does that work then?

And I quite agree Dan- how people with speech or language impediments cope is beyond me too.

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

There’s always the alternative numbers and textphone option

http://ngts.org.uk/

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 873

if your calling about your christmas bonus you will get it in the next fortnight

tarzier
forum member

The Regard Partnership, Kingston

Send message

Total Posts: 54

I really don’t understand what the benefit of having this new system is?  It doesn’t speed anything up.

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

tarzier - 06 January 2016 04:14 PM

I really don’t understand what the benefit of having this new system is?  It doesn’t speed anything up.

The voice recognition robot can populate forms whilst you wait and trigger appropriate scripts for the fleshy robot to follow and ask appropriate questions.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

John Birks - 06 January 2016 04:32 PM
tarzier - 06 January 2016 04:14 PM

The voice recognition robot can populate forms whilst you wait and trigger appropriate scripts for the fleshy robot to follow and ask appropriate questions.

Nah

Where Laspo and cuts to DCLG have failed to sack us or send us round the bend the Nudge Unit are now stepping in. One day they hope we will all be so demoralised we will either quit or be sectioned then IDS and Gideon can acheive their nefarious ends unimpeded.