to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Dark side of the moon!

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

An adviser from another agency rang me the other day about someone we have seen on several occasions who needed an ESA50 completing.  As our appointments are booked up until after xmas I told her that the DWP have a duty to assist, and as a last resort, the claimant might like to try them.  The adviser later rang me back to say that she had phoned the DWP only to be told that “we don’t do that, it’s a conflict of interest”.  However, the adviser insisted and got a home visit arranged.

So, there you have it.  It’s a conflict of interest!  The claimant’s interest is to get some benefit.  The DWP’s interest is to prevent them.  You see, it’s all about the “Money”.  It really is “Us and Them”.

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

They’ve finally admitted it!

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

They would have done better by directing the claimant to the CHDA.

For help with the capability for work questionnaire, please call our Customer Enquiry line on 0800 288 8777. Select option 1 for the English language service, then option 2 for our advisory team. For the Welsh language service, please call our Customer Enquiry line and press option 2.

https://www.chdauk.co.uk/updates/2015/10/chda-launches-esa50-support-team

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1967

DWP could at least have said Speak To Me….you’ve got them On The Run!

SKhalid
forum member

Moneywise, Derby CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 8

John Birks - 20 November 2015 12:23 PM

For help with the capability for work questionnaire, please call our Customer Enquiry line on 0800 288 8777. Select option 1 for the English language service, then option 2 for our advisory team. For the Welsh language service, please call our Customer Enquiry line and press option 2.

Hi John,

Can this CHDA service be used by anybody? Currently medical services comp called Maximus are carrying out the assessment s in our area.
What is the experience of your client’s using this service?

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

SKhalid - 20 November 2015 01:36 PM

Hi John,

Can this CHDA service be used by anybody? Currently medical services comp called Maximus are carrying out the assessment s in our area.

CHDA is Maximus!

SKhalid
forum member

Moneywise, Derby CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 8

tbidmead - 20 November 2015 01:39 PM

Hi John,

CHDA is Maximus!

I feel embarrassed now, should have known this! Any views of the experience of using this service would be helpful as may have to sign post clients.

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

SKhalid - 20 November 2015 01:42 PM
tbidmead - 20 November 2015 01:39 PM

Hi John,

CHDA is Maximus!

I feel embarrassed now, should have known this! Any views of the experience of using this service would be helpful as may have to sign post clients.

I wouldn’t be embarrassed   - you wouldn’t know it was Maximus.

I too would be interested in any feedback on the service offered.

Tom H
forum member

Newcastle Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 783

John, thanks for posting that link.  I wasn’t aware of that service at all.

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3553

it was only launched a month ago - http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/8829/ - doesn’t seem anyone’s tried it yet - it would be interesting if anyone does

GWRS adviser
forum member

Welfare Rights Service, Greenwich Council, London

Send message

Total Posts: 211

I think we’d be really interested to hear people’s opinions of the CHDA/Maximus form filling service too.  We quite often refer to the Pension Service for form filling for working age claimants in this situation and their assistance generally seems relatively good quality.  I wonder if anyone as any views about how it compares with their service?