to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

UC appeals

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

Has anyone any idea why UC appeals have thier own “dial 1” option when I ring HMCTS?

I’m curious…

ROBBO
forum member

Welfare rights team - Stockport Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 334

Could it be that a Universal Credit appeal could be such a multi-faceted thing that HMCTS have had to train up a special team to work out what’s going on?

Does bring to mind the image of the phone ringing in an empty room, like that old beer ‘complaints department’ advert.

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Bringing to mind the image conjured up by my step-daughter, who endeared herself to her new employer by creating a cardboard box with a slot in it as a “suggestion box”. She then opened the bottom and attached the box to the wall above the shredder!

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

ROBBO - 02 October 2015 11:55 AM

Could it be that a Universal Credit appeal could be such a multi-faceted thing that HMCTS have had to train up a special team to work out what’s going on?

Does bring to mind the image of the phone ringing in an empty room, like that old beer ‘complaints department’ advert.

Some of the particular issues relating to UC appeals are described in the briefing linked here, so HMCTS have been thinking about it:
http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/8467/