Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit administration  →  Thread

JC+ UC signer to PIP assessor

Patrick Joseph Hill
forum member

Trafford Benefits Advice Service

Send message

Total Posts: 61

Conversation heard in pub this weekend. 

“Yes, my uncle works in a Job Centre in ******, and he and the others in his signing on section have been told that they will have to be reduced because of the low uptake of UC and should apply for a relocation/redeployment.  So he applied for a move and has now been accepted as a PIP assessor”.

I am right in thinking that UC isn’t as successful as some people would have us believe?

Andrew Dutton
forum member

Welfare rights service - Derbyshire County Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1966

NEWSFLASH: Windows mysteriously broken in the dead of night at Trafford Benefits Advice Service,  graffiti on walls, ‘Down With Ill-Fitting Anoraks’: shadowy figure seen sneaking away performing vigorous double fist-pump action in apparent triumph.

John Birks
forum member

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice - Stockport Council

Send message

Total Posts: 1064

Patrick Joseph Hill - 15 September 2015 10:53 AM

Conversation heard in pub this weekend. 

“Yes, my uncle works in a Job Centre in ******, and he and the others in his signing on section have been told that they will have to be reduced because of the low uptake of UC and should apply for a relocation/redeployment.  So he applied for a move and has now been accepted as a PIP assessor”.

I am right in thinking that UC isn’t as successful as some people would have us believe?

My understanding is that some staff at Jobcentres are going - There’s been natural wastage (horrible term but retirements and moving on to other jobs) and some people have got ’ severance packages.’

The others need to move to other areas of work where there is a shortage of staff.

FWIW I’m of the belief that UC won’t be fully rolled out until some or all of the significant changes are implemented (or not) such as the end of WRAG.