to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Income support, JSA and tax credits  →  Thread

R(U) 7/57 - copy of decision needed!

Caroline M
forum member

Solicitor, Southwestlaw

Send message

Total Posts: 2

hi, I wondered if anyone might have a copy of unemployment benefit Commissioners Decision R(U) 7/57 which they could send me- i can’t seem to find anywhere on this site or the wider net.

It is, according to the DWP, precedent for a road traffic offence outside work still being misconduct for a JSA sanction if it affects the employees ability to do their job.

would be really grateful if someone could let me have it and/ or if anyone has any suggestions as to arguments against a 10 week benefit sanction being imposed because a driver lost his licence outside of work and even though the firm would have kept him on in a different job if they could - and have written a very strong reference to that effect, they didn’t have a different job to offer so they dismissed him. he was given a 10 week JSA sanction.

it might be a no hoper but if by any chance you have a suggestion,
many thanks in advance!

caroline

Chris Orr
forum member

Glasgow City Council Appeals Team

Send message

Total Posts: 27

post a fax number and I’ll send it to you.

the summary says “held that he had lost his employment as a result of his misconduct although the offence was not in the course of the employers business and did not arise out of it”

Caroline M
forum member

Solicitor, Southwestlaw

Send message

Chris Orr - 16 February 2011 04:57 PM

post a fax number and I’ll send it to you.

the summary says “held that he had lost his employment as a result of his misconduct although the offence was not in the course of the employers business and did not arise out of it”

thanks so much! our fax is 0117 3146419

Caroline M
forum member

Solicitor, Southwestlaw

Send message

very many thanks Chris - safely rceived and much appreciated

Caroline