to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

“Short” PIP review form?

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

Client was awarded PIP (standard Mob only) up to 24/5/2016. The original award letter (made April 2014) said “We will contact you after 24 May 2015 to make sure you are receving the right level of PIP”.

On 24 May 2015, client was given one month to return a form, otherwise her claim to PIP “may be disallowed” (reminder attached). Unfortunately we have not seen the actual form, as she completed and returned it herself, because she said it was just “a couple of pages”, unlike the long form we originally helped her with.

Is there really a short PIP review form, like there sometimes used to be for DLA? I’m just curious if it asks about Daily Living, when there is only Mob currently in payment.

(Or is it that our client’s description is inaccurate?)

[ Edited: 18 Jun 2015 at 08:29 am by Jon (CANY) ]
Jos
forum member

Welfare Rights and Appeals, Welfare Advice, Horsham

Send message

Total Posts: 20

Jon,

Sorry I’ve only ever seen the “long-form” PIP2 form so I can’t answer your query, but might I recommend that you scribble over the square 3D barcode at the top of the page?

PIP documents always include them and they may appear innocent enough to us, but they can be decoded with a couple of clicks online and will reveal your client’s NINO, postcode, benefit centre and various other bits of information we probably shouldn’t be revealing on a public forum.

All the best 😊

Jon (CANY)
forum member

Welfare benefits - Craven CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 1362

Attachment removed, thanks.