to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP home visit medical and no access

LF
forum member

New Gorbals Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 59

Claimant failed to answer door to Doctor for PIP home visit medical as she had taken medication and fallen asleep.
They refused claim on this basis and we asked for review given circumstances and how ill she had been. Told only option new claim and they will not look at reasons for no access.  Anyone have any advice?

thanks

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

reg 9 does allow DWP to make negative determination where someone does not engage with the f2f assessment. Your client should have been issued with a written decision which carries recon/appeal rights. Your client will need to demonstrate good cause - see reg 10 which states as follows:

10. The matters to be taken into account in determining whether C has good reason under regulation 8(3) or 9(2) include–
(a) C’s state of health at the relevant time; and
(b) the nature of any disability that C has.

Sounds as if it would definitely be worth requesting recon. Client will most likely be expected to engage with another f2f assessment.

LF
forum member

New Gorbals Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 59

thanks for that we did ask for mandatory recon just need to check with tenant if she got written reply as they just phoned me today advising of refusal stating no rights of appeal

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

FYI this is the rather sparse decision notice I was sent in similar circs (DWP not receiving PIP2 in time) - I’d guess your client’s may look similar

File Attachments