to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DLA award to PIP refusal

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

Client was advised to attend PIP medical following DLA award.  On arrival advised medical was cancelled,  she then received a letter to say DLA award nilled   based   on papers -  should   she   not be entilted to medical as well

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

Has a decision been issued on the PIP claim? What’s happening with the medical assessment - are they rescheduling?

TJL
forum member

Send message

They have refused PIP on the basis of information avAILABLE AND ARE   NOT GOING TO RESCHEDULE (SORRY)

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

Do you know whether the decision was made on the basis that (a) they found her to be not entitled based on evidence available to them or (b) she failed to participate in the face to face assessment?

If (a) that seems strangely harsh. I would make a reconsideration request and ask for all of the evidence the DWP used to make their decision. Possibly also worth putting a complaint in writing to DWP & ATOS based on the fact they called her for assessment but then cancelled and issued a decision based on (presumably) the same evidence which led them to call her for an assessment.

If (b) then request reconsideration on the basis she did engage, cancellation was n fault of hers and ask them to reschedule appt asap.

Either way, DLA is terminated and I’m not sure they would be able to make any further payments. Can anyone else correct me on this?

TJL
forum member

Send message

The refusal was   on the   basis of the information they held   about her   not   on her non attendance