to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP2s not being sent out??

SamW
forum member

Lambeth Every Pound Counts

Send message

Total Posts: 434

Just had a bit of a weird conversation with the PIP helpline. Was calling re a couple of clients who hadn’t received their PIP2 forms. The person I spoke to told me that they hadn’t sent the forms out as they already had enough information from the clients’ ESA records, which had been forwarded on to ATOS.

I pointed out that ESA and PIP are different benefits with different descriptors and he sounded a bit sheepish and advised that clients are still free to send in further evidence to support their claim.

I think my plan with these two and others in future is to go through my own PIP2 with them which I’ll then send off.

All a bit worrying :s - has anyone else heard similar?

BC Welfare Rights
forum member

The Brunswick Centre, Kirklees & Calderdale

Send message

Total Posts: 1366

Not come across this myself but have you seen the Rightsnet news story on 27 May about deciding claims without F2F assessment?

SamW
forum member

Lambeth Every Pound Counts

Send message

Total Posts: 434

That was what I was thinking when he initially told me, but he then stated that they were likely to still have to attend F2F. One of the clients is in WRAG and so its not as if they are open and shut Enhanced/Enhanced cases.

I think manager is getting in touch with DWP liason, will update.

Gail Knight
forum member

Welfare rights - Halton Council

Send message

Total Posts: 104

Im sure when attending information sessions regarding PIP implementation that PIP was to be a stand alone beneit with no access to old Medical reports or ESA/IB decisions as previosly happened with DLA decisions being based on ESA/IB medicals.

Glad to see they stick to their guns. (NOT)

Ruth_T
forum member

Volunteer adviser - Corby Borough Welfare Rights & CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 313

Page 33 of the PIP2 form states, just above the signature and date boxes:

“I understand that the Department for Work and Pensions may use the information which it has now or may get in the future to decide whether I am entitled to
• the benefit I am claiming
• any other benefit I have claimed, and
• any other benefit I may claim or be awarded in the future.”

This gives DWP extremely wide powers regarding their use of information, and would appear to include previously obtained ESA50s and ESA85s.

How many of us cross this out before signing?