Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Application to Upper Tribunal for Leave to Appeal - Very Long Delay

r.godley
forum member

Sutton Citizens Advice Bureau

Send message

Total Posts: 4

Hi everyone.

I sent off a Form UT1 to the Upper Tribunal in September 2013 and did soon after receive acknowledgement of receipt from them, and also notification from both the UTT and FTT that the Schedule of Evidence was being passed over. This was October 2013.

We have still yet to receive a decision as to whether or not leave has been granted even now. I sent off a letter asking if there is any news both last month and this month.

I do not want to start quoting Regulation 2 of the Upper Tribunal rules and get on the Judge’s bad side, but there must come a point when you say enough is enough and this delay is unreasonable. If they were to say to me this case is very contentious and we are doing a lot of research before making a decision then I wouldn’t be so concerned.

Anyone have any thoughts how I can address this without putting my client’s case at risk?

Thanks.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Sounds a bit obvious, but have you tried ringing the UT office? I’ve always found them to be very helpful over the phone. They may be able to give you some idea of what the hold-up is.