to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

APPEAL to Upper Tribunal - submission of new evidence

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

Client attended LT DLA refused - it   has   now   been suggested i submit further medical evidence which was produced well pasat date of decision- struggling to find reasons why it is a good   idea.

It does confirm long term conditions

past caring
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser - Southwark Law Centre, Peckham

Send message

Total Posts: 1125

Suggested by whom?

And at precisely what stage are you with the UT?

TJL
forum member

Send message

suggested   by client and we are currently applying for leave to the Upper Tribunal

JFSelby
forum member

Benefit caseworker (SDAIN project) - Selby CAB, North Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 54

Is there anything to suggest at the original hearing that the tribunal doubted the client had the condition ( and then the effect of that) and the new evidence totally proves it and there for show the appeal was wrong or often just the balance of belief went against the client.

Whillst it shouldnt necessarily be the case i have know appeals change a lot with a definitive diagnosis.

Obviously the issue would have had to be present at the time (or cant be considered)

Often in the past it was a balance of continue the fight or go for a new claim with awareness the medical had their been one is often used again unless you make it very clear why its out of date

TJL
forum member

Send message

The tribunal did not doubthis condition but expected   him to exhibit the signs   of having said condition in a different way. Which I SUppose is in a way.

i would say they could not doubt condition - back injury following accident but the effect   of said   injury.

I understand the issues re DOD but am perplexed why as he gave reliable evidence they seemed to regard EMP report as gospel.  There seems   little point in having a tribunal if the judge is to repeat parrot fashion the EMP report and the guestimates re distance