to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

JCP Staff

Steve_h
forum member

Welfare Rights- AIW Health

Send message

Total Posts: 193

I am just about getting sick of Jobcentre Plus staff at WFI’s telling clients that they should be in the support group and then sending them to us for advice.
Why can’t they ring the DM at the ESA assessment team and ask to review the decision and citing their experience with the client?

SueLov
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Cornwall Council

Send message

Total Posts: 32

I totally agree - for me I get even more frustrated when I get no response from the said advisor , when I contact s/he either directly or via client , to obtain supporting evidence (claimant’s experience of WRAG , copies of action plans , details of WFIs etc etc) - client’s always come back and say “...they won’t give me anything in writing…” .

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Ditto on all counts! It’s clearly happening all over the place and isn’t just a local issue.

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

SueLov - 05 February 2014 02:23 PM

I totally agree - for me I get even more frustrated when I get no response from the said advisor , when I contact s/he either directly or via client , to obtain supporting evidence (claimant’s experience of WRAG , copies of action plans , details of WFIs etc etc) - client’s always come back and say “...they won’t give me anything in writing…” .

I’ve had some success in accessing this kind of info via data protection requests where client had panic attack in WFI etc.

Sad that it has to be done in such an OTT bureaucratic way but worth a try if appropriate.

Geri-G
forum member

Welfare reform team - North Ayrshire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 91

Yes I have had this too!

Dan_Manville
forum member

Mental health & welfare rights service - Wolverhampton City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 2262

I’m doing a big data trawl of files at the minute and I can say that this does happen; I’ve just seen a file where JCP staff requested a recon