All I want for Xmas is PIP decisions

< 1 2 3

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

1964 - 12 February 2014 02:38 PM

Frankly, I think it’s true and have done for some time.

The fact is that both the DWP and HMRC have become almost completely unaccountable and I believe it’s quite intentional.

But they are very keen to ‘sell’ their latest products - this from our local Partnerships Manager (regarding a request to have someone from the benefit processing centre at local stakeholder meetings).
[thats not possible] .... but would like to include some element of awareness delivery in this [meeting]. I currently have bespoke products on PIP, UC personal budgeting Support, and Child Maintenance Changes or can talk through general material on all other DWP services.

Products, services, b********. Anyone would think they are a supermarket (except of course they’re much more accessible!)

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

“Awareness delivery”.  That phrase should be taken out and shot.  Along with the following, highlighted in a recent article from the Guardian, reported on Rightsnet: “unprecedented reform challenge”, “strategic shifts” and “delivery model”. This has got to stop.  It’s not clever and it’s not funny.

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

nevip - 12 February 2014 04:55 PM

“Awareness delivery”.  That phrase should be taken out and shot.  Along with the following, highlighted in a recent article from the Guardian, reported on Rightsnet: “unprecedented reform challenge”, “strategic shifts” and “delivery model”. This has got to stop.  It’s not clever and it’s not funny.

But it must have earned some organisation management consultants (or whatever equally ******** title they adopted that month) a lot of dosh!