to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Other benefit issues  →  Thread

Exporting benefits

miket
forum member

Welfare Advice Team, South Gloucestershire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 18

Just looking for a little advice although I appreciate that I wont be likely to get a ‘hard and fast’ ruling on this until the situation is more concrete.

A client of mine who is currently receiving both Contribution Based ESA (Support Group) and Income Related ESA as well as DLA at the Middle Rate of the Care Component and the High Rate of the Mobility Component is looking to move to France to live with his partner (who already lives there).

So far as I can tell he would be entitled to continue receiving Contribution Based ESA and the DLA Care Component but lose the Income Related element of ESA and the Mobility Component of DLA.

Is it possible to confirm if this information is correct please?

I have emailed the DWP’s exportability team (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) as suggested by the .GOV website however they are indicating at least a 2 week wait and my client is going through an incredibly emotionally challenging situation and would like some sort of clarity/light at the end of the tunnel.

Many thanks

Mike

nevip
forum member

Welfare rights adviser - Sefton Council, Liverpool

Send message

Total Posts: 3137

The co-ordination rules can be fiendishly complicated but the short answer is that subject to the relevant conditions contribution based ESA and the DLA care component are fully exportable.

miket
forum member

Welfare Advice Team, South Gloucestershire Council

Send message

Total Posts: 18

Thanks nevip.

Was the initial indication I was able to get but just wanted a little reassurance. Will wait for the response from the Exportability Team before fully advising my client.