to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

PIP - what an utter mess! Complaint address

Green
forum member

General adviser, Manchester Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 11

Just sent in my third complaint on behalf of a client waiting to hear about their claim.

I am still waiting for any decision on new claims but am also finding that in some cases the forms have not been received.

The address for complaints is
Freepost
RTEU-HBEC-RGTG
PIP 1
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 1AA

and for ATOS
Tel 0300 3300120 or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

stevenmcavoy
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Enable Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 871

what are the time scales for waiting times so far?

annief
forum member

Benefits adviser - Maggie's Centre, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 107

I too have had no decisions on any claims and have had claims closed because they allege they have never received the forms

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

No decisions here either and only one client so far given date for medical assessment.

It is a concern, as the knock-on effects on other benefits of the delay are becoming an issue. I have several cases where client is currently subject to BC or there are NDD’s from HB/CTR which will no longer apply if PIP is awarded. Whilst I have requested DHP’s to cover them in the short term, there’s a limit to how many times we can reapply.

Green
forum member

General adviser, Manchester Advice

Send message

Total Posts: 11

It’s a shambles. Can you imagine how awful it will be when (if) UC rolls out?

Peter Turville
forum member

Welfare rights worker - Oxford Community Work Agency

Send message

Total Posts: 1659

We are aware of 1 PIP decision (an award - not a terminal illness case) plus 1 clients who has attended an a assessement (decision awaited) and 1 who has a date for Nov.

Allan Ramsay
forum member

Income maximisation - City of Edinburgh Council

Send message

Total Posts: 81

I made the inital claim 03.07.13 and the award was made 01.10.13.  However, this involved the client delaying the claim due to ill health, having to do a reconsideration (over the phone) and having to change the date of her Atos appointment.  All in all, not a bad turn around.

However, I have a client who has waited 13 weeks (and counting) for a home visit.  I’ve also had numerous clients who have waited 3-4 weeks just for the claim form.

The first claim seems a bit of a fluke!

[ Edited: 25 Oct 2013 at 12:50 pm by Allan Ramsay ]
acg
forum member

Welfare rights service - Greenwich Council

Send message

Total Posts: 36

The Jobcentreplus Complaints Resolution Service (South London District) have confirmed to me that PIP complaints fall within their jurisdiction and we can make any complaints direct to them.When a complaint is made you are allocated a named caseworker who contacts you to give a timescale for their response.

This would seem to be a far more productive option than referring to a Wolverhampton mailing site.Complaints, including requests for compensation, can be escalated reasonably easily to the Independent Case Examiner.