to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

DLA> PIP following change of circs > 28 Oct

ChrisG
forum member

Shelter, South Yorkshire

Send message

Total Posts: 34

The DWP guidance states that from 28th Oct 2013 anyone that they receive info re: change of mobility or care needs will be invited to claim PIP.

I’ve got a few cases of clients who are on LRC and looking at reassessment to MRC.

Anyone any thoughts on the 28th Oct date? If a change of circs form is returned before this date, should it stay within the old DLA system? or is it a gamble?

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

JohnnyM - 08 October 2013 10:26 AM

The DWP guidance states that from 28th Oct 2013 anyone that they receive info re: change of mobility or care needs will be invited to claim PIP.

I’ve got a few cases of clients who are on LRC and looking at reassessment to MRC.

Anyone any thoughts on the 28th Oct date? If a change of circs form is returned before this date, should it stay within the old DLA system? or is it a gamble?

My understanding is that if you phone up to report CoC and request supersession forms before 28th and then return forms within the 6 week timeframe, it will be a DLA s/s. from the 28th, phoning to report CoC will trigger invitation to claim PIP and DLA S/S no longer possible.