Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

New address for DS1500s

Ken Butler
forum member

Disability Rights UK

Send message

Total Posts: 231

Hi,

I’ve been sent this message from Lynn Dalby of the DWP’s PIP Implementation Programme -

“Dear all

Further to our previous email regarding the address to send DS1500s to, please note that the new address is:

Freepost RTEU-HXBG-YTST

Personal Independence Payment 10

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1AE

Please do not use this address before 27th August 2013

Freepost envelopes for DS1500s are also available.”

The shared mailbox contact for DS1500 forms or for PIP questions or comments .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

As its possible for a third party to make a special rules PIP claim without the claimant being with them hopefully this applies also to freepost envelope requests.

[ Edited: 30 Aug 2013 at 12:23 pm by tony benjamin ]
annief
forum member

Benefits adviser - Maggie's Centre, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 107

you can get the prepaid envelopes for the DS1500s from ION, there’s an email address on the DWP website. They very kindly offered me some today when I was phoning about getting a couple of books of DS1500s.

Ken Butler
forum member

Disability Rights UK

Send message

Total Posts: 231

Hi Annie,

It’s good to know that some things in relation to PIP are working and I’m sorry if I was too flippant in my original post.

Would it be OK to ask if there are any problems in relation to yourselves making third party special rules PIP claims?

For example, is it difficult to complete a claim “in full” over the telephone?
Is it difficult to obtain a paper claim form?
Do either of the above lead to dates of claim being delayed?

annief
forum member

Benefits adviser - Maggie's Centre, Edinburgh

Send message

Total Posts: 107

Ken Butler - 29 August 2013 04:36 PM

Hi Annie,

It’s good to know that some things in relation to PIP are working and I’m sorry if I was too flippant in my original post.

Would it be OK to ask if there are any problems in relation to yourselves making third party special rules PIP claims?

For example, is it difficult to complete a claim “in full” over the telephone?
Is it difficult to obtain a paper claim form?
Do either of the above lead to dates of claim being delayed?

Ken, so far so good, I have been relatively hassle free making special rules claims. The only problem one was the very first claim we made and I had a not so helpful adviser (and that is me being very polite)
I have never managed to get a paper claim form. The one person I thought I would need a paper form, who was not under special rules and had a laryngectomy and could not speak, was also done over the phone. They took all the claim details from me and advised her to listen to the declaration and press the hash key to confirm that she understood it.
I have even managed to convert a claim to special rules after the PIP2 was issued without any problems.
My only problem so far, is getting the award notices, they seem to be taking at least 2/3 weeks to arrive.

Anne