Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

JR of refusal to grant permission by UTT

rhiannonj
forum member

Civil/DGL Law (Leeds)

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Hi all

We were refused permission to appeal by letter dated 21 December 2012. Unfortunately due to Christmas/New Year post etc this was only received by us yesterday. Due to the recent change to the JR CPR (http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part54#IDAWPSBB) the deadline given for out JR is 6 January 2013. The Tribunal’s letter states that the time limit can be extended if there is good reason for doing so. I cannot find any further information about this - does anyone know if we would need to make an application to Court to extend the deadline or could we just deal with it in our application for permission to JR?

Cheers

Rhi

rhiannonj
forum member

Civil/DGL Law (Leeds)

Send message

Total Posts: 1

Just to update we decided to issue an application for permission on Friday. We have included an application to extend the time to supply detailed statement of facts and grounds and a bundle. The change to the system seems to be totally ridicoulous. It the deadline was still 3 months I would have simply applied for investigative help to instruct Counsel to see if it was really worth us JRs the refusal for permission.

I’ll keep you posted!