Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

No non-dep deductions for any rate of PIP??

DaphneH
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser, Bristol City Council, Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 49

In the governments consultation response to PIP - completing the detailed design (http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pip-detailed-design-response.pdf) it says on page 34 that there will be no non-dep deductions for any rate of PIP, not just daily living component. Is this an intention or a mistake - does anyone know?

Jon Shaw
forum member

Welfare Rights Service, CPAG

Send message

Total Posts: 98

Looking at paras 15 and 16 of Sch 4 of the UC Regs, I’d say it is a mistake:

‘15.—(1) No deduction is to be made under paragraph 13 in the case of—

(a)any renter who is a single person to whom sub-paragraph (2) applies; or

(b)any joint renter where at least one joint renter is a person to whom sub-paragraph (2) applies.

(2) This sub-paragraph applies to—

(a)a person who is registered as blind;

(b)a person in receipt of the care component of disability living allowance at the middle or highest rate;

(c)a person in receipt of attendance allowance;

(d)a person in receipt of the daily living component of personal independence payment; ...

16.—(1) No deduction is to be made under paragraph 13 in respect of any non-dependant who is a member of the renter’s extended benefit unit to whom sub-paragraph (2) applies.

(2) This sub-paragraph applies to—

(c)a person in receipt of the care component of disability living allowance at the middle or highest rate;

(d)a person in receipt of attendance allowance;

(e)a person in receipt of the daily living component of personal independence payment; ...’

Jon

DaphneH
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser, Bristol City Council, Bristol

Send message

Total Posts: 49

yes that’s UC tho - the PIP document is referring to PIP and non-dep deductions in HB, JSA, ESA and IS. I’m sure it must be wrong - they must mean daily living component only - but I can’t find anything to confirm either way