× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

complaint against advice agency

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

What   procedures / ways of   complaining to standard   bodies are there regartding an advice agencies failure to advise to   very   basic standards -  ie to   translate a letter dealing with details   of an   appointment?

There hjas   been   no actual   loss   of   income to   claimant -yet

Thanks   in advance

TJL
forum member

Send message

I really can’t   be   bothered to do   that   what   I would   like   is an external criteria which   the   organisation should   measure   up to.

It has a al ong history of thinking its   better than   it is

Mairi
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Dunedin Canmore Housing Association

Send message

Total Posts: 274

Hi TJL,

You’ll almost always find that if you’re making a complaint to an external body (Ombudsman, etc) their first criteria will be that you’ve exhausted the involved organisation’s internal complaints procedure without success/resolution first.  Boring but there it is…..

Mairi

TJL
forum member

Send message

Nothing   will   occur   if I go   down   that route except that the client   may well lose   money

Tracey D
forum member

Welfare benefits advisor - Peterborough City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 127

Is this advice agency funded locally? If is is funded for example by the local authority, you could contact the local authority to state that you have concerns that an advice agency they are funding does not appear to be operating in a manner which is fair to their customers.