Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Work capability issues and ESA  →  Thread

ESA claim described by DWP as ‘national sensitive’!

J.Mckendrick
forum member

Welfare Benefits Team - Phoenix & Norcas

Send message

Total Posts: 279

I have tried to speak to the JCP on behalf of a client in respect of their current ESA claim due to the last two(2) payments being stopped. The JCP advise me that the case is ‘national sensative’ and refuse to speak to me about the claim. Does anyone know what ‘national sensative’ may be? Many thanks J.Mckendrick

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

Think this has cropped up before on here somewhere - we’ve had one of these too, but never got to the bottom of it (i.e. some sort of rational explanation) though the presenting problem was solved anyway.

From my experince it means that only very senior DWP managers can view the records and/or it might also be a transgender issue or somerthing ‘highly sensitive’.  Depending on the problem you might find it quicker to pursue any problem via clent’s MP.

forum member

Deputy Manager, Reading Community Welfare Rights Unit

Send message

Total Posts: 1711

Yeh- it’s usually something like that. The times I have come across it the clients were both subject to witness protection programmes.

Altered Chaos
forum member

Operations & Advice Manager - Citizens Advice Taunton

Send message

Total Posts: 427

J.Mckendrick - 15 June 2012 10:33 AM

I have tried to speak to the JCP on behalf of a client in respect of their current ESA claim due to the last two(2) payments being stopped. The JCP advise me that the case is ‘national sensative’ and refuse to speak to me about the claim. Does anyone know what ‘national sensative’ may be? Many thanks J.Mckendrick

I have had a couple of these (both due to reasons quoted in above posts) it seems that a named manager looks after the claim for the client, so when you call the contact centre you need to ask for a call back from the manager/relevant person.

Chaos