to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

DLA Lower Tribunals 26 weeeks/

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

Does the recent   26 week reply   from Hansard re length of time appeals are taking to be heard make anyone else stop and stare?

In my experience in Derby its more   like 52 maybe even 65!?

Toby Lintern

Jane OP
forum member

The National Autistic Society, Welfare Rights, Nottingham

Send message

Total Posts: 161

Hi,

I cover all of the UK and I would say that it does vary a lot in different areas. In some places waits of about 3 months are common, but over 12 months is also usual. Spoke to a lady in Manchester yesterday who had just got her papers and been told they are waiting about 12 weeks to list. And from memory I think Glasgow area can be less than 6 months (bet someone local to Glasgow will contradict me now!)

I think in some areas tribunals have done more to reduce waits though Saturday hearings etc. Plus the whole ESA migration must have put more pressure on the tribunal service in areas with more IB claimants.

I think that a lot of unrepresented claimants will go for either paper hearings,  short notice hearings or Saturday hearings where available which will bring the average wait down.

Jane

TJL
forum member

Derby advice - Derby Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 251

Thanks for your reply, a strategy that I have   found works is tto supply additional info   prior to appeal which may   result in a favourable decision

Toby

Stevegale
forum member

Torbay Disability Information Service, Torbay NHS Care Trust

Send message

Total Posts: 342

We are served by Cardiff and appeals are heard at venues in Exeter and Torquay. The problem is that the Torquay queue is a lot shorter, but you don’t know which venue will be chosen. Makes a nightmare of doing subs, as the Torquay dates come through sometimes months before the Exeter ones.