to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Decision making and appeals  →  Thread

Emailing evidence and submissions to HMC&TS;

Mark of Carnage
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Salford City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 44

To date I’ve always faxed to HMC&TS; but we just moved office and the fax machine is no longer easily accessable.

Anyone have any problem emailing evidence and submissions to HMC&TS; to add to the response?

Anyone do this routinely?

I could ask a clerk but bit worried might get one with random answer syndrome.

Being lazy here but anyone know the Liverpool HMC&TS; email addy for emailing evidence?

Brian JB
forum member

Advisor - Wirral Welfare Rights Unit, Birkenhead

Send message

Total Posts: 472

Often fax, no problems.

Liverpool is (0151) 243 1401

Ruth_T
forum member

Volunteer adviser - Corby Borough Welfare Rights & CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 313

At the last TUG meeting I attended we were informed that TS in Birmingham now had the facility to receive letters and submissions by email, and we were given an email address.  I sent two “test” messages to check out the system and received no reply to either of them.    I wouldn’t trust the system yet.

A huge advantage of faxing is that the machine prints out a fax transmission report which can be used as evidence that the communication was received.

Altered Chaos
forum member

Operations & Advice Manager - Citizens Advice Taunton

Send message

Total Posts: 427

I now email as a matter of routine and have been doing so for nearly a year, my submission (hard copy) etc is signed scanned and sent as an attachment. The TS cannot/will not reply - due to DPA issues.

I can honestly say that the correspondence dealt with via email has been dealt with quickly and for the urgent issues I just type URGENT in the subject line. I always print out a copy from the ‘sent’ box which shows proof of sending (date, time etc).

The bonus for us is it reduces postage/fax costs -which is great when sending case law as well - and I can copy in the client as required. I have now rolled this out and all benefit caseworkers in the bureau are now dealing with TS this way.

I don’t however have the contact info you were after as I deal with Cardiff.

Edited to add: the email address is - .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) (it was on the MOJ website)

Chaos

[ Edited: 19 Apr 2012 at 12:18 am by Altered Chaos ]
Krissie Newton
forum member

Welfare Rights Adviser, Freshwinds, Birmingham

Send message

Total Posts: 60

I emailed a submission to Birmingham for the first time last week and received a confirmation email back immediately.