to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Housing costs  →  Thread

Council Tax Localisation

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Total Posts: 2002

As LAs are required to consult locally on their proposed schemes, I thought that it would be useful to have a central place to hold details of the schemes and their proposals.  We’ll also be building up a register of scheme types with the intention of mapping the type of support across the country.  Although we’ll be trying to watch the consultations as they appear, I’d appreciate any notifications of them; just in case they’re placed in a locked filing cabinet, behind a screen in a basement with no stairs.

Ariadne
forum member

Social policy coordinator, CAB, Basingstoke

Send message

Total Posts: 504

You forgot the sign saying “Beware of the leopard”

Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

I was trying to be realistic.

J Membery
forum member

Revenues and Benefits Manager, Aylesbury Vale DC

Send message

Total Posts: 134

I appreciated the Hitch Hicker’s Guide reference anyway.

Given the likely timetable with regulations due out in May/June and the Council Tax Base calculated in September/October (meaning the main componants of the scheme have to have been decided and the impact calculated by then). I will leave people to form their own conclusions on how meaningful the consulations will be, however well intentioned.

SElahi
forum member

Private Sector Housing, Blackburn with Darwen BC

Send message

Total Posts: 41

Gareth

I am claiming that Blackburn with Darwen are the first to commence consultation - 

Shabir

[ Edited: 21 Mar 2012 at 09:58 am by SElahi ]
Gareth Morgan
forum member

CEO, Ferret, Cardiff

Send message

Thanks Shabir, pick any prize from the second row.

I’ve had a look at the survey; in fact I’ve accidentally completed it, I expected there to be somewhere that asked me if I was a resident and there wasn’t.  Nor was there anywhere that asked me to confirm I wanted to submit my answers - I just reached a thank you for completing the survey screen’.  At least I used sensible answers.  As there’s no verification it would be very easy to skew the results if people wanted to.  (I’m also not sure what the instruction at the end of the online survey to ‘Please return your completed form to a Council member of staff.’ means).

It’s also, I think, a very, very, dodgy consultation.  There are a number of combinations of proposals (e.g. no. 2) which are impossible to answer sensibly if you don’t have the same opinion about both elements.

[ Edited: 19 Mar 2012 at 10:07 pm by Gareth Morgan ]
Julian Hobson
forum member

Policy Officer, Kirklees Revenues and Benefits Service

Send message

Total Posts: 16

has the consultation finished ? wanted to have a look and could find nothing