Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

Managed migration roll out map

1 2 3 >  Last ›

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Total Posts: 3782

We’ve made a quick map of where managed migration is happening in case it might be useful ...

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/Universal-credit-managed-migration-roll-out.pdf

Cheers ... Shawn

Edit (10 October 2023): We’ve now retired the map, and replaced it with a new page. More info

[ Edited: 10 Oct 2023 at 11:06 am by shawn mach ]
WillH
forum member

Locum adviser - CPAG in Scotland

Send message

Total Posts: 369

Hi Shawn - didn’t it roll out to other parts of Cornwall in February this year?

https://news.dwp.gov.uk/dwplz/lz.aspx?p1=MfRDU4NDI5NFM4MDQ0OjU5MDJBQTYzRTAzNTY3M0U4NzFBQkMyMDcyQ0VERDY3-&CC;=&p=0

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

Whoops! That’s my fault - I told Shawn it was Truro and Falmouth! Thanks Will :)

Helen Rogers
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Stockport MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 236

I think you’ve got Bolton and Greater Manchester the wrong way round on the map!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Cheers Will ... Cornwall now updated ... onto Bolton and Manchester now (I need to get out more 😂)

WillH
forum member

Send message

I’m not sure about the relative positions of Harrow & North London either….

But if we are splitting hairs, Falmouth is in a very different bit of Cornwall compared to Truro (which wouldn’t matter except that they started before the rest of Cornwall).

I’m really carping here because it’s great to have a map, especially with the colour-coded dates - so thank you!

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Bolton and Manchester now updated ...

I was then going to go for a lie down, but Harrow beckons .......

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Harrow now sorted too (I hope) ... thanks all ... let us know if you spot anything else ...

Cheers - Shawn

WillH
forum member

Send message

Hi Shawn,
I’ve had a query about whether the map will be updated for the August areas? Thanks.

Will

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

Shawn’s on leave this week Will but I’m sure he’ll respond on his return :)

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

On it 😄 .....

shawn mach
Administrator

rightsnet.org.uk

Send message

Here we go ... hope everything is in the right place!

Updated to include rollout from August 2023 in West Scotland, West Yorkshire, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, and South London

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/pdfs/Universal-credit-managed-migration-roll-out-July-2023.pdf

Feedback welcome as always 😂

Cheers ... Shawn

WillH
forum member

Send message

I’m absolutely not getting involved in where west Yorkshire starts….

I think the difficulty is that in most cases the regions are really big (west of Scotland for example goes right down to Stranraer), so pointing to them is always going to be a bit approximate when we can’t show boundaries (which I assume we can’t).

There is an FOI response somewhere which lists jobcentres by district, but I’m not sure how up to date it is.

roecab
forum member

Welfare benefits supervisor - Roehampton CAB

Send message

Total Posts: 465

What area is South London?

Usually that would include SW and SE London, and some others, but there is no postcode for South London, so any more details on the area that includes would be welcome, if known.

seand
forum member

Welfare rights officer - Wheatley Homes

Send message

Total Posts: 302

WillH - 03 July 2023 06:44 PM

I’m absolutely not getting involved in where west Yorkshire starts….

I think the difficulty is that in most cases the regions are really big (west of Scotland for example goes right down to Stranraer), so pointing to them is always going to be a bit approximate when we can’t show boundaries (which I assume we can’t).

There is an FOI response somewhere which lists jobcentres by district, but I’m not sure how up to date it is.

Have you got DWP Partnership Manager contact lists Will? The most recent one splits Scotland into districts and for ‘West of Scotland’ it lists these local authorities:

Inverclyde
Argyll & Bute,
Renfrewshire,
North Lanarkshire
West Dunbartonshire
East Dunbartonshire

I’ve no idea if this is what they mean though!

WillH
forum member

Send message

Actually I think it probably is what they mean Sean - then I’m wrong about Stranraer & that would fall under south west Scotland.

On a related note, Michael, I don’t know for sure but I think south London does include south west London (nothing like consistency) & certainly Streatham JC+

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/549118/response/1320197/attach/html/3/JCP%20Districts%20mapped%20to%20LAs.pdf.html

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/104751/response/255581/attach/4/Jobcentre%20Plus%20Offices%20by%20District.pdf

Might be useful but massively out of date (from 2012), lots of changes to JC+ offices since then.