to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Universal credit migration  →  Thread

UC migration from WTC

calman367
forum member

DIAL Lowestoft and Waveney

Send message

Total Posts: 5

My client has been asked to migrate from WTC to UC, she is self employed but earns barely enough to be meeting any limits but she doesn’t want to apply for UC as she has been told its really hard to inform UC monthly and she has to send in records & receipts etc.

The reason I’m seeking you advice is client has heard if she closes her business and claims she can’t work due to her current MH episode (which I believe she would be able to) UC will want proof from client that she has closed her Ebay & Etsy business accounts. I’ve not heard of this but has anyone else?

UB40
forum member

Debt and Welfare Advice, Community Money Advice, Launceston

Send message

Total Posts: 209

She will have an initial interview with a Work Coach at her local Jobcentre. As she was self employed previously the WC usually asks fewer questions regarding past employment as the questioning relates to Sanctions for Leaving Voluntarily ( employed only ). On the online claim gather she states that she is not fit for work and doesn’t tick the box for self employment. The WC interview will set her ” commitments ” which last until the WCA decision. I cannot see the WC delving into Ebay and Etsy accounts. Later in the claim there maybe a questionnaire relating to previous income if there is going to be a Benefit Cap grace period.

BCD
forum member

Kirklees council

Send message

Total Posts: 51

There has been some stuff in the news recently about HMRC requiring Etsy, Ebay, Vinted, etc, to pass on details of people who sell large volumes of items on these platforms. Maybe she is confusing with this?
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/martin-lewis-explains-hmrc-change-for-anyone-who-uses-ebay-etsy-or-vinted/ar-AA1mrU4z