to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Disability benefits  →  Thread

Copy of new PIP light touch review form that will be going live in August

Daphne
Administrator

rightsnet writer / editor

Send message

Total Posts: 3549

As per the announcement yesterday - https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/welfare-rights/news/item/simplified-forms-to-be-used-in-carrying-out-light-touch-reviews-of-pip-to-be-introduced-from-august-2023 - here is a specimen copy of the form

[ Edited: 11 Jul 2023 at 03:38 pm by Daphne ]

File Attachments

Tom B (WRAMAS)
forum member

WRAMAS - Bristol City Council

Send message

Total Posts: 456

Do we have any word yet about whether these review forms will also be brought online when the system is fully up and running?

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

Sorry Tom - missed this coming in.

I haven’t heard anything about that - I can ask though

Mike Hughes
forum member

Senior welfare rights officer - Salford City Council Welfare Rights Service

Send message

Total Posts: 3138

Today’s announcement re: light touch and additional support/help/vulnerability markers must be a concern.

Fail to return your form when there’s no marker on your file and the claim ends.
Fail to return your form where there’s a marker and get referred to a HCP. HCP report v PIP2 is winnable. HCP report v light touch form is a no context win for the HCP recommendations in most cases.

All of a sudden light touch looks like something darker.

Daphne
Administrator

Send message

Tom B (WRAMAS) - 12 July 2023 11:57 AM

Do we have any word yet about whether these review forms will also be brought online when the system is fully up and running?

This is the reply I have received -

A colleague working in this area has stated that they don’t have a definitive timeline for when the light touch reviews will be available through an online submission.

They have also shared the following:

Q. When will I be able to use the online service for Award Reviews or register a change of circumstances?

- Initially the Department is focussing on the application part of the PIP claim process, starting with new claims in selected postcode districts whilst we are testing the online service at a small-scale.
- As we gradually expand the service, we will steadily bring more user groups in scope. This allows us to build, develop and design the new service safely.
- In future, the online service will allow you to update your details, register a change of circumstance and renew / review your claim online.