× Search rightsnet
Search options

Where

Benefit

Jurisdiction

Jurisdiction

From

to

Forum Home  →  Discussion  →  Access to justice and advice sector issues  →  Thread

DWP correspondence emaill

Tameside MBC Welfare Rights
forum member

Mental Health WR & Debt Advice Service, Tameside MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 43

Hiya,

I have been advised by one of my clients that an MR submission and FME I sent through by email in December hasn’t been received, and the reason given is that DWP’s correspondence email address is no longer active.

Can anyone confirm this, or are they trying it on with my client because they’ve lost the email?

Thanks,

Robin @ Tameside

[ Edited: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:26 am by Tameside MBC Welfare Rights ]
Elliot Kent
forum member

Shelter

Send message

Total Posts: 3134

There isn’t a main correspondence email. There is a ministerial correspondence email. It is not there for you to send MR requests to…

They appear to have replaced it with: https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/ask-a-policy-question/contact-form

HarlowAC
forum member

Harlow Advice Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 184

I use

Not aware that it is no longer working.

[ Edited: 17 Feb 2023 at 11:31 am by HarlowAC ]
Tameside MBC Welfare Rights
forum member

Mental Health WR & Debt Advice Service, Tameside MBC

Send message

Total Posts: 43

HarlowAC - 16 February 2023 04:59 PM

I use

Not aware that it is no longer working.

I was trying not to put the actual address in as it’s not for public consumption, and anyone can see these forums, even without. Might be best to remove it please, but thank you for the reply.

We hadn’t heard it wasn’t working so we’ll keep using it.

Va1der
forum member

Welfare Rights Officer with SWAMP Glasgow

Send message

Total Posts: 706

The correspondence email address is already in the public know.

Although, as Elliot already pointed out, I didn’t think this was to be used for the purpose of sending MRs.

Any email address to send MRs with that has been confirmed as working would be useful though. Those of you who have used it - have you had confirmation that it works (either by confirmation of receipt, or through progression of the MR process)?

Them having switched to the online form format I would be concerned that the email address could stop working at any moment - and you might not get any notice of this.

HarlowAC
forum member

Harlow Advice Centre

Send message

Total Posts: 184

I send my PIP MR requests to that address and have not, so far, had any problems as far is PIP is concerned.
In my experience, emails are passed on to the relevant departments but there is frequently inaction thereafter.
As said, PIP has been good but ESA and the Pension Service very disappointing.